Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dogs Do the Darndest Things

So last night after my first exam, I decided to take the night off to enjoy some time with my husband and pup. Kevin and I went to a great dinner at Sumo where as silly as it may sound, we were excited the waitress we usually have recognized us. It is the closest either one of us have come to being regulars at a restaurant and that felt nice. We then came home and piled up on the couch for some good TV while Charles enjoyed a raw hide bone we got him at the grocery store. At some point during the evening, Charles started up the stairs (which if you know Charles is never a good thing because he gets into mischief when no one is watching him- when the cat's away, the mice will play type scenario)

Doesn't the look on his face just scream, "What???? I'm not doing anything." Well, before he reached the top, he heard Kevin say "Take Chuck for a Walk?" If you read our last post you know, Charles loves to go on walks, morning, evening, rain or shine. The thought of going on a walk makes his day. As soon as he heard the word "walk," he did this.


Stood up straight, ears perked up. Charles was ready to go. And before he bounded down the stairs (I swear our 28 pound dog runs like a Clydesdale horse), he did this


All this to say, I think Charles definitely knows when we ask him if he wants to go for a walk, and the thought of going for a walk makes him very happy!

Back to the study grind. Praying today Charles gets over his "dogsomnia." I don't think Kevin and I have had an uninterrupted night of sleep since Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment